Five Harvard Halloween Costumes

•
By Nayeli Cardozo

Are you lying awake at night wondering how to make your Halloween costume more Crimson? A little more representative of your transformative experience? Well, we already read your mind and graciously put together a list of the five best Harvard Halloween costumes you can sport for this festive holiday. Follow this ultimate guide to make Harvard even more a part of your personality than it already is, and spotlight it in your 31st festivities.

Securitas

Honor the brave men and women who, when we fatally leave our keys inside our dorms, are just one call away to let us back in. The biggest tragedy of writing this article was finding out that Securitas has nothing to do with Harvard. Being the Harvard Student that I am, I thought this name was a play on “veritas.” It is not, and as the Harvard Student I am, I feel as though it is my personal responsibility to deliver this bad news to the public.

HUDS Staff

If you want to truly embody the spirit of Harvard this Halloween, you must start at its core: Harvard University Dining Services. If just one of you is able to successfully disguise yourself and bring back General Gao’s chicken, I will personally name my first-born child after you. Yes, they are just chicken nuggets — but they are GOOD chicken nuggets. How one may acquire this costume is a question only few are brave enough to answer. Maybe work your charm at Fly By after they make you put your chips back? How about placing yourself on the conveyor belt and snagging an apron from the backroom? The options are almost as endless as their kindness and love <3. Pay some homage to the heart of Harvard this Halloween.

Turn it into a group costume: HUDS Team Member + Chicken (of various editions)

Obama

Compensate for all the faux Obama sightings this year by giving Cambridge the next best thing: a resemblance, a glimmer of hope, a tribute. Throw on a suit, a diplomatic demeanor, and maybe even a bald cap. Proclaim your existence on Sidechat, and watch as the rumors seep through the student body. Then, leave immediately because Obama, in true character, refrains from making appearances here.

The Red Line

Going for a HOT fit this Halloween??? Well look no further than the train that’s always on fire. Just like my psets, it is relatively unreliable, frequently late, and probably not even on track. Despite its flaws, we have a lot of love for this train and the memories it helped us make—at the very least it deserves a spot on this top-tier list. Yes this may be an odd idea, but trust the vision. A red dress, a “T” front and center on your chest, a “Red Line” underneath, and a train conductor hat to top it all off.

Turn it into a group costume: Red, Green, Orange, and Blue Line.

Princess Diana

Channel some vintage energy and replicate one of the most iconic Harvard looks of all time: Princess Diana and her gym fit. Sporting a Harvard crew, sunglasses, and biker shorts: Diana is blessing your All Hallows’ Eve with comfort and style. This means while your friends’ fairy wings are smacking people left and right this weekend, you will be carelessly dancing in your high socks and sneakers. You may need your roommate to give you a haircut, though.

And that’s our Harvard Halloween roundup! Not only do we hope you found some relieving inspiration for the big day, but also some newfound appreciation for the best Ivy in the league. Some honorable mentions include The Q-Guide, Dean Khurana, The John Harvard Statue, and perhaps even the 12 houses. Get creative, folks, and show out in your Crimson costumes. Happy Halloween!

Flyby BlogAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.