Flyby's Hopes for 2024

ā€¢
By Tina Chen

As the semester winds down and we reflect on the past few months, we also have new hopes and aspirations for the upcoming semester. Good grades, clear skin, mental stability ā€” the basic things every college student desires. But thereā€™s so much more that the semester can offer us, and weā€™re going to manifest every single one of them true.

YARD FEST: The bread and butter pickles and like, any artist at this point?

If you havenā€™t had the pleasure of consuming the bread and butter pickles they serve at Yard Fest every year, we manifest that you will get a taste next semester. Yes, this is important enough to warrant an entire section dedicated to it. The tartness and sweetness combined with its perfect crunch makes for an earthshattering experience. As for the artist, we would be grateful for anyone who would be willing.

A section crush

Raise your hand if you have a love life. Notice how youā€™re not raising your hand? Yeah, you and us both. But thatā€™s all going to change next semester when the section crush of your dreams walks into your conveniently timed section. Do they play a sport? Do they have the voice of an angel? Are they a section kid? (Probably not.) No matter what youā€™re looking for, we are manifesting that we will all finally have a reason to go to section.

Free laundry

What comes to mind when we say ā€œfree laundryā€? Not Harvard. But with our manifestation powers, weā€™re going to finally make it happen. We will no longer be held back by Crimson Cash. We will be freeā€¦ just like our laundry.

T rides

Speaking of things that should be free, why stop at just laundry? Weā€™re also manifesting for subsidized T rides. Maybe then weā€™ll be able to expand our dating pool, remember what happiness feels like burst the Harvard bubble and start to explore everything Boston has to offer (or at least someplace other than the Square).

No Friday Sections

No explanation needed. We think weā€™re all manifesting for no Friday sections.

ā€˜Curious Georgeā€™ merch store to come back

Legend has it, there was a ā€œCurious Georgeā€ merch store in the Square. Though it is no longer with us, we feel its ghost haunt us every time we walk past another [redacted] merch store. ā€œCurious Georgeā€ merch store, you were ahead of your time. We are finally ready for you, so please come back. Weā€™re manifesting for your return.

Brain break over the weekend

Personally, our brains need a break every day of the week. We will take bagels and cream cheese or even off-brand cereal if it means we have an excuse to stop catching up on work for 10 minutes. Though, of course, weā€™re manifesting for something a little bit more extravagant (Charcuterie anyone?).

To be honest, there are so many more things we could manifest. Manifestation is a team effort. So, we are counting on you to look out for 11:11ā€™s, get your manifestation journals ready, and most importantly, stay delusional.

FeaturesFlyby BlogFeatures and Series

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.