Spring Sports Supplement 2016
Senior Standouts Look To Lead Men's Lacrosse to Bounce-Back Year
Now, the members of the senior class have set their sights on redemption, and ending their collegiate careers with another Ivy League regular season championship. If accomplished, it would make this class the first ever in school history to graduate with multiple conference titles.
Old Faces, New Season
The Crimson enters 2016 with an experienced roster—an unusual asset for the program.
Strong Freshman Class Enlivens Softball
The Crimson welcomes eight new freshman to the roster this season. Infielder Rhianna Rich has already begun to contribute, leading the team at the plate in the season’s opening weekend.
Rookies Bolster Baseball's Talent
Coming off an 18-24 season and fifth-place finish in Ivy League play, the Harvard baseball team will have to rely on a stable of talented freshmen if the group is to qualify for the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship for the first time since 2005.
Men's Volleyball Seeks To Dethrone Penn State, Claim NCAA Berth
At 8-6 overall and 5-2 in conference play, Harvard stands at second in the EIVA. The Crimson has beaten St. Francis (then ranked No. 15 in the nation), Princeton (the only other Ivy school with a program), and George Mason (the squad that ended Harvard’s 2015 season).
Freshmen Contribute Early and Often For Softball
On its home diamond, the Crimson recorded a dominating 11-3 mark. The young team will look to top its recent second-place finishes to come out on top of the Ivy League this spring