The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

THE CRIMSON PLAYGOER

Ruby Keeler's Clever Stepping is Chief Attraction at the Met

By C. C. G.

When sound movies first came in a good many years ago it was Al Jolson in Vitaphone's "The Jazz Singer" who put the new fad across. And it's the same old Al at the Met this week. The old boy still has that spark that makes you believe it when he says "You ain't heard nothing' yet." "Go Into Your Dance" is the feature of a good program from start to finish.

Al is a playboy Broadway star who just can't stick with his show when the ponies begin to run at Caliente; and, you guessed it, he's all washed up with the producers when Ruby Keeler convinces him he needs a partner. The way she convinces him is the most satisfying but of tapping we've even seen. The story is their fight to get back to Broadway, and, in itself it furnishes no little interest. Glenda Farrell a girl who hasn't disappointed us yet, gets some good lines as Al's wisecracking sister. Helen Morgan sings well, and goes over too, despite the fact that she's the villainess of the piece.

The stage show opens with a unique attraction. Before the very eyes of the audience beautiful paintings are completed in colored sand. They start out looking like nothing in particular and end up beautiful landscapes with all the brilliant color of Maxfield Parrish paintings. Gil Lamb and Schlepperman, of Jack Benny's radio programs, are both good for laughs throughout the rest of the show.