HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

Veterans' April Checks Facing Few Days Delay

AVC Chapter Moving to Relieve Men Hardest-Hit as V.A. Runs Out of Funds on Mailing Day

No checks will be in the mails today for veterans studying at the nation's colleges and universities, the Associated Press reported last night.

With subsistence payments for the month of April due, the veterans Administration announced yesterday that it has exhausted its appropriation and that there will be "a few days" delay in posting checks to more than 2,780,000 ex-G.I.'s for unemployment and educational allowances.

Here in Cambridge, the University's chapter of the American Veterans Committee took steps to offer relief to the 9,000 veterans at Harvard whose budgets would be hard hit by the V. A. failure. AVC spokesmen declared, however, that first consideration would be given where the need was greatest, and no policy of blanket loans was anticipated.

Money Lies on Conference Table

Meanwhile in Washington, the bill that would provide the funds to make good on government commitments rested in a Senate-House conference committee. Both chambers have passed legislation making the money available, but differences in form have temporarily stymied action.

Payments will be resumed automatically "in the shortest possible time" after the Congress appropriates the necessary funds, said the Administration, appealing to veterans not to write in about the delay. The checks have been averaging $260,000,000.

Bursar R. V. Perry could not be reached last night to disclose University action in the emergency. It was predicted by V. A. officials that the checks would be in students' hands well before the June 4 deadline of the next bill on undergraduates' agenda.