Reshuffled Crimson Booters Victorious, 3-1, Over Tech

By James M. Storey

Bruce Munro has not yet solved his center forward problem, but at least his varsity soccer team has won its second game. The Crimson booters beat a scrappy and skillful M.I.T. eleven 3 to 1 yesterday on the Business School Field to climb back to a 500 average.

Munro started a reshuffled team and need 28 men in an effort to find the center forward "finisher" to bat in the good Crimson passes. He used three center forwards yesterday, Latal Berger, George Baker, and Juan Rodriguez, but he still in hunting for a man with a hard shot. Two of the goals were scored by insides, and the third by Tech's own fullback.

The Engineers drew first blood with a score on a hard penalty kick. Charlie Ufford was hit on the hand by the ball on a bad bounge in the penalty area at 17:00 of the second period, and goalie Dick Craven had no chance to stop the resulting penalty shot by Jose Saragga.

Exactly four minutes later the Crimson evened the score when Dana Getchell batted in the ball following a goalmouth scramble. Getchell had passed the ball out to the left wing. Berk Johnson, who passed across to right wing Win Knowlton. Knowlton took two shots and Getchell drove in the second rebound. In the first two periods thep lay was dominated by Tech, taking seven shots to Harvard's three.

Johnny Beer, right inside, sank the second Crimson goal at 6:15 of the third period, again on a rebound. Converted inside Georget Baker, playing center forward, passed downfield to Johnson, who put a centering pass back to Baker in front of the goal. Baker took two shots, and Beer sank the second rebound. The final Harvard goal came at 11:30 of the same period when halfback Bobby Dean made a long kick to the penalty area, where Tech fullback Win Brower deflected it past the goalie.

The last period was scoreless, although again M.I.T. dominated the play. The Engineers were excellent ballhandlers individually, but took only nine shots in the whole game, one less than Harvard. For the Crimson, halfback Bob Harding and Beer played good games.