Crime Honors Bingham At Tomorrow's Contest

By Herbert S. Meyers

The first all-star House football game over held in the Harvard Stadium will be dedicated to William J. Bingham '16, former Director of Athletics and now head of the Faculty Committee on Athletic Sports, the editors of the CRIMSON announced today.

In pre-game ceremonies in the Stadium tomorrow, William M. Simmons, president of the CRIMSON, will present Bingham with an engraved cup. The inscription reads: "William John Bingham, Director of Athletics, 1925-51. The Man who made 'athletics for all a reality."

The game, pitting members of Lowell, Eliot, Leverett, and Adams Houses (playing as Closed College) against Winthrop, Dunster, Kirkland, and Dudley (Open University) is scheduled for 2 p.m. with the presentation slated for 1:45.

Admission is free.

In making the announcement of the dedication the editors issued the following statement:

"It is with sincere gratitude that we take this opportunity to honor Mr. Bing- ham. Through his long term at the head of Harvard's athletic program, Mr. Bingham has built a vast intramural system which allows each student a chance to participate in a team sport. This, in our opinion, is the most important phase of athletics, and for its success we can thank one man, William J. Bingham.