Princeton Tops Booters 2-1 Play Connecticut Tomorrow

By James M. Storey

Lack of aggressiveness, the varsity soccer team's old bugaboo, caught up with Bruce Munro's booters again this weekend, and they dropped their fifth game of the year to an inferior Princeton outfit, 2 to 1, at Princeton. The Crimson travels to Storrs tomorrow to take on the University of Connecticut at 2 p.m.

The Tigers, according to their coach, Jimmy Reid, were "hot" and were Playing well over their heads, but still the Crimson displayed a potentially sounder and better coordinated team. The visitors lost because they were outrushed.

Team "Logy"

Munro termed it "a good game." He said "the teams were evenly matched, but Harvard didn't seem to have its mind on the game. They were logy, partly due to the long trip, but that is no excuse." Princeton beat the Crimson to the ball most of the game and had more scoring chances than Harvard.

Playing in a high wind, both teams' attacks were sporadic and sloppy. Neither outfit could put together a passing attack, and the ball was usually just being kicked around, or else high in the air. Whenever it fell the Princeton player would beat the Harvard man to the bounce.

Tigers Blow Chances

After threatening almost the entire first period, and blowing two perfect chances, the Tigers opened the scoring just before the end of the quarter. Nick Cordero took the last in a series of passes about 15 yards in front of the goal and whistled a high shot from the right side into the left corner of the nets. Crimson goalie Rog Taylor bad no chance on the play.

In the second period the Crimson dominated the play, but could not score. Then Princeton took over again in the third quarter and finally scored as Aggle Pytte rifted a low shot which hit the far post and bounced back in.

At 20 seconds of the final period Berk Johnson got the only Harvard goal when he lofted a high kick which curved into the goal over the goalie's hands. The rest of the game was uneventful. Harvard's outstanding players were captain Charley Ufford at fullback, Carey Mc-Intosh at halfback, and Taylor, who made 18 saves.