HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

Parietal Parliament

The upperclassman entertaining his date in his room tonight is taking advantage of the next-to-last Saturday night permission before chilly December. Soon the House Dances will be upon him, and he must join the throng.

He would do well to consider the injustice of it all, and seek a restoration of popular government. The Masters' Council stands upon a shaky mandate when it thwarts the popular will on parietal rules, and if it would retain office under democratic procedures, it must seek a vote of confidence. The student should impress his local representative that the Government has no majority on the issue, and would quickly be set down by the Right Honorable Opposition if the issue were taken to the people.

This vote, undoubtedly, would go against the Housemasters and they would be forced to resign. Of course, some might be retained in a coalition ministry, but only if they would go along with the peoples' delegates on this vital issue. Abramson, Scher, Brachman, and Hofeld must dominate this new ministry; they must not be the unwilling dupes of a rejuvenated and rampant conservatism. The more outspoken critics of progress (and they whom we mean) would have to be purged, and perhaps even exiled to Peterbourough.