HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

J.V. Football Team Meets Jumbos In Season Opener This Afternoon

The Crimson will get an opportunity to avenge last Saturday's defeat at the hands of the Tufts varsity this afternoon. The j.v. football team will play the Tufts j.v.'s on the practice field at 3:45.

While the Jumbo j.v.'s, who are actually the second and third strings of the Tufts varsity, have been able to master, the Jumbo varsity attack, the Crimson team has had little time to concentrate on an attack of its own. For the most part, so far this season, it has had to adopt the Tufts plays in order to scrimmage the varsity.

In addition, its scrimmaging duties have left the j.v.'s little opportunity for mastering more than the bare fundamentals of the game. For instance, their only practice on the punt formation and extra point kicking was five minutes devoted to each at the end of yesterday's final practice session before their opener.

Coach Norm Shepard's inexperienced team will line up with six sophomores, three juniors, and two seniors for its opening game of the season. Most of the squad has not played together as a team, although some were on the same freshman teams.

Larry Connell, a junior, will start for the j.v.'s at left end, while senior Art Hodges will be at left tackle and sophomore Tom Hill at left guard. Another sophomore, Jim Gross, will open at center.

The Right Side

The right side of the line will consist of sophomore Bob Foster at right guard, junior Joe George at right tackle, and sophomore Warren Huff at right end.

Veteran Chris Hasiotis, a senior, will direct the team from the T-formation. His backfield will consist of sophomores Charlie Devens and Tom Lawson at the halfback positions, with junior Mickey Maguire running from the fullback spot.