HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

Services Open Commencement Week

Some 5,500 alumni descended on Cambridge yesterday, as the festivities of Commencement Week opened under sunny skies. The Baccalaureate Service for College seniors yesterday in Memorial Church was the first on a list of events leading up to Commencement Thursday morning in the Yard.

Besides the alumni, 3,000 degree candidates and their families and guests will also participate in the week's activities Nearly 15,000 people are expected to attend the Commencement exercises on Thursday.

Radcliffe's Baccalaureate sermon will be given by Raphael Demos, Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and Civil Polity, at 3 p.m. Tuesday in Memorial Church. At Commencement Wednesday morning in the Radcliffe Yard, Charles E. Bohlen '27, special assistant to the Secretary of State, will speak.

The Harvard Class of 1936, celebrating its 25th Reunion, met yesterday in a reception at Harkness Commons. Warmup activities for children of all ages last night included entertainment for junior at Hunt Hall, a square dance for intermediates at the Browne and Nichols School, and an informal dance at Eliot House for the senior sons and daughters.

Other Classes that will hold formal reunion events during the week are 1896, 1901, 1906, 1911, 1916, 1921, 1926, 1931, 1941, 1946, 1951, 1955, and 1953.

At 11:10 a.m. this morning in Sanders Theatre, the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa will hold its traditional Literary Exercises. After electing new undergraduate and honorary members, the Brethren will march from Harvard Hall to the Theatre, led by the fife and drum. Speaker at the Exercises will be Julian P. Boyd, professor of History at Princeton, and the Poet will be Dudley Fitts '25, instructor in English at Phillips Andover Academy.

Meanwhile, the Class of 1936 will spend the day at Essex County Club in Manchester, Mass. The main activities will be golf, tennis, swimming, and eating. The Glee Club's Far Eastern Tour Group will give a concert at Sanders at 8:30 p.m., and the formal Senior Spread will be held in the Eliot House Courtyard from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Tomorrow's big event will be the track meet between a combined Harvard-Yale team and a squad from Oxford and Cambridge at 5 p.m. in the Stadium. The 25th Reunion Class will honor the memory of its members who have died at 11:30 a.m. in Memorial Church, and will have an evening at the Boston Pops.

Wednesday Class Day

Wdnesday is Class Day for seniors. At 10 a.m. in the Sever Quadrangle, the Class Orators will hold forth, and the Class colors will be passed to the freshmen.

Four University Symposia Wednesday morning will present panel discussions by Faculty members and distinguished alumni on science, journalism, drama, and American foreign policy. Among the panel members will be George B. Kistiakowsky, Abbot and James Lawrence Professor of Chemistry and former scientific adviser to President Eisenhower; Arthur A. Ballantine, Jr., Joseph Pulitzer, Jr., and Phillip S. Weld, all members of the Class of 1936 and prominent journalists; and McGeorge Bundy, former Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and special assistant to President Kennedy for National Security Affairs.

McGill to Speak

Ralph McGill, publisher of the Atlanta Constitution, will speak at noon at the Law School Alumni Spread. Alumni from four graduate schools--Arts and Sciences, Design, Law, and Public Administration--will attend.

Also on Wednesday, Neil McElroy '25 former Secretary of Defense and a member of the Board of Overseers, will speak at the Joint ROTC commissioning ceremony at noon in the Loeb Drama Center. Alumni and seniors will march to Soldiers Field at 2 p.m., hopefully arriving in time for the baseball game with Yale at 3 p.m. At 8:15 p.m., the Band and Glee Club will perform in the Yard, and there will be a senior-alumni dance from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. in the Eliot Courtyard.