Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Trackmen to Face Rugged Yale

By Michael S. Lottman

At last, a track meet. Harvard track fans, starved for a glimpse of their heroes in action, need only show up at the Stadium at 12:45 p.m. tomorrow to see a real live meet--with Yale, no less.

Unfortunately, the Crimson is not likely to celebrate its homecoming with a victory. The varsity outpointed Yale, 60 to 531/2, in the indoor H-Y-P meet, but the outdoor schedule of events is definitely not conducive to further Crimson success.

The Elis should murder the Crimson in the sprint and hurdle races, which come in a seemingly endless precession in outdoor meets. In fact, the varsity may not score more than five or six points in the five races of 440 yards or less, and Yale's 3:13.4 mile relay unit should be the biggest shoe-in of the meet.

As always, the varsity's hopes for victory depend on the efforts of the legendary Big Three of captain. Mark Mullin, Ed Hamlin, and Eddie Meehan. With the help of Harry Rich in the $30, this indomitable threesome must dominate the $30, mile, and two-mile if the varsity is to have a chance.

This will not be easy. Facing Mullin again will be Bobby Mack of Yale, the Mechanical Man. In the 1961 outdoor Heptagonals, Mullin whipped Mack in 4:07.1; a week later, he repeated in 4:09.5. This winter, in the greatest of all their battles, Mullin won in the Harvard record time of 4:07.0. Once again, the mile will be a key race, and Mullin will have to meet Mack's challenge.

The high jump will be another crucial event. Marty Beckwith, John Vessen, and the injured Jack Spitzberg of the Crimson will go against Yale's Sam Strelbert and Bill Flippin, and the points could fall either way. Last May, Beckwith's 6 ft., 4 in. leap helped threw the meet to the Crimson, 73 to 67.