Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Lampoon Fixes Date With Natalie; Wood Will Win 'Worst' on Saturday

By Jeffrey C. Alexander

From the dim, funnied halls of the Harvard Lampoon, at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 23, Natalie Wood will step into the telling sunlight of Mt. Auburn St. to receive the 'Poon's Worst Actress Award.

Never before in the competition's 26-year history has any recipient dared to publicly acknowledge the award. This year's public diploma presentation ceremony will not change the prize, however. The presentation will include all "the traditional merits and order of the coveted award," said W. Walker Lewis '67, yesterday.

But there will be more to the ceremony than granting the diploma. "Mass Wood is here as a guest of the Lampoon and we hope to act in an appropriate fashion," Lewis said. A hand will provide music from her worst pictures and lead balloons will be handed out to the crowd.

There will be a James Dean Motorcycle Memorial Brigade in honor of Miss Wood's membership in the James Dean Motorcycle Fan Club of America.

The 'Poon also plans to recreate Grauman's Chinese Theater's wet cement act by recording Miss Wood's handprint for future Harvard students. "She might even mouth the words to a song from West Side Story," Lewis said hopefully.

"Seriously," Lewis added, "we are not going to be vicious or try to embarrass our guest. By agreeing to come up to Boston for one afternoon she has already showed that she is quite a good sport."