Two Adams House Suites Robbed; $875 Worth of Possessions Taken

By Esther Dyson

About $875 worth of belongings was stolen from two Adams House suites over Christmas vacation. George Walsh, Captain of the Harvard University Police, said that there were other thefts in Adams during the vacation.

Two cameras worth a total of $500 and a classical guitar worth $240 were stolen from Joseph Seamans '70 and John J. Leone '70 of Adams B-16 on the evening of January 2. Leone said that when Seamans returned from vacation on Tuesday the articles were there, and they were stolen that evening after Seamans had left the room without locking the door.

William M. Kutik '70 and James P. Honkisz '70, who found two sweaters, a black leather jacket, and about eight records totalling roughly $130 missing after the Christmas recess, said that the door had been locked when they left and when they returned. "There was no sign that anyone had been in--except a clean bathroom," Honkisz said.

Leone said that Harvard police, to whom he reported the theft, indicated that they had an idea of the identity of the thieves, but the police have not confirmed this report.

Honkisz said the thief was "really selective and seemed to have a hell of a lot of time." In addition, Honkisz said, the thief eveidently sampled a box of candy and paused to listen to several phonograph records.