HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

Racquetmen Play Challenging Navy

By Robert W. Gerlach

The varsity squash team will face a serious challenge to its 15 match unbeaten streak when the Crimson meets Navy on the Annapolis courts Saturday.

The Midshipmen came within two times of upsetting Penn on the Quaker home court last month. Navy beat Penn at number five, six, and nine, and temporarily led 2-0 at number two and was tied 2-2 at number four. Only a last minute rally in the final two matches pulled out a 6-3 victory for the Quakers.

Navy will have three advantages in tomorrow's match. First, the Middies can count on their traditionally vociferous fans to crowd the stands.

In addition to the partisan crowd, familiarity with home courts will be a decisive factor. "Playing on your own courts is a five or six point advantage in every game," Crimson coach Jack Barnaby said.

Finally, the strength of the Navy team is its depth, and depth is also the Crimson's strength. If Navy can win three of the bottom six matches, as it did against Penn, the match could go either way.

Navy loss to Amherst, a team the Crimson defeated, 5-4 in December, but there were several extenuating circumstances. The Midshipmen were playing at Amherst, directly after the frustrating Penn loss and without their top player. Navy had three match points in the ninth match but failed to capitalize on any of them.

Tomorrow's match will be the first test for the Crimson since its match with Cornell four weeks ago.