The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Wilson-Kissinger Discuss Return; Nothing Is Settled

By Daniel Swanson

James O. Wilson, chairman of the Government Department, said yesterday he met with presidential adviser Henry A. Kissinger '50 earlier this week and that the Department has not yet decided whether it will reserve Kissinger's tenured Faculty position.

Wilson said he will be meeting again with Kissinger in the "very near future regarding the national security advisory plans.

Kissinger resigned his position as professor of Government in January 1971, but he and the Department worked out an arrangement whereby a chair would be reserved for him until the conclusion of President Nixon's first term in office.

If Kissinger decides to stay on in the Administration, the Department will probably decide to fill his post, Wilson said earlier this moth.

Wilson said yesterday that Kissinger is currently preoccupied with the Indochina peace negotiations and consequently has not devoted much thought to his future relationship with Harvard.

"His mind is very much on certain affairs that lie close to hand," Wilson explained.

Wesley Janka, a spokesman in Kissinger's White House office, said yesterday the President's adviser had not made public his future plans. "This is a personal decision which Dr. Kissinger has not discussed with any of us," Janka said.

Janka added that Kissinger could not be reached for comment because he is planning to "of off to Paris again Sunday"