Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Swimmers Travel to Ohio for NCAAs

By Christopher B. Daly

Just think: If you'd tried out for the Harvard swim team a couple of months ago, stuck it out through the practices, successfully avoided pneumonia, muscle strains and depression, and excelled on that undefeated team, you could have spent last night in a Holiday Inn in Independence, Ohio.

That's where Crimson swim coach Ray Essick and his 10-man contingent of stars spent the night waiting for today's NCAA championships at Cleveland State University.

'Phenomenal Meet'

Essick and the divers pulled into Independence Tuesday, joining the swimmers yesterday for what Essick predicted would be "a phenomenal swim meet...one of the best in the world."

Today through Saturday the Harvard swimmers and divers will be splashing it out against the best talent in the country, and while Essick refused last night to make any predictions. Harvard is looking to Hess Yntema and Bob Fullerton to bring home the bacon.

Stripping Down

Yntema will be stripping down for the 200-yard individual medley and butterfly, with Fullerton hoping to kick it out in the 100 and 200 breaststrokes.

Essick said that since swimmers have to qualify for the NCAAs on the strength of regular-season times he couldn't bring everyone along, but the ten who went will be getting a good look at a pool facility similar to the one Harvard is promising to build.