‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

Squashers Finish Fourth at Nationals

By Marc M. Sadowsky

The Radcliffe squash team came through with a strong fourth-place finish at this weekend's National Intercollegiate Squash Tournament in Philadelphia.

Radcliffe's top four players, Julia Moore, Sarah Mleczko, Jenny Stone, and Eve Caligor, made the southward trek and bettered last year's performance by three places.

Consoling

The tournament consisted of two draws--the main draw and the consolation rounds. Moore, Radcliffe's premier player, advanced two rounds in the main draw before succumbing, and then proceded to storm to the semi-finals of the consolation, where she lost to Marjorie Yates.

Before her semi-final loss, Moore met up with freshman Sarah Mleczko in the quarter-finals of the consolations, and downed her 3-1. "The draw was unfair because I had to play Julia in what was supposed to be a team tournament," Mleczko said yesterday.

One and Out

Jenny Stone, the number three player, won one round in the main tournament and then lost to Vassar's Sarah Luther, who later made it to the quarter-finals of the main tournament. Stone lost a 3-2 match in the fourth round of the consolations.

Eve Caligor had the misfortune to draw third-seed Ginny Sarrell, a finalist in the main tournament, but advanced two rounds in the consolation.