Classical Listings

THURSDAY An Evening of Bernstein --Radcliffe Grant-in-Aid's spring production features a musical revue of greatest hits by Leonard Bernstein, plus
By Judy Kogan

THURSDAY

Sarah Anne Huff, pianist, will give a free recital of works by Bach, Ravel, Faure and Chopin at B.U.'s School for the Arts' Concert Hall at 8:00 p.m.

FRIDAY

Musick for the Generall Peace with Jean Lamon on baroque violin and Robert Hill on harpsichord and organ will present sonatas of Mozart and Bach; also Italian virtuoso violin music, at the Old South Church at Copley Square at 8:30 p.m.

The Cambridge Chamber Players, with Guest Artist Pianist Andre-Michel Schub, will present the final Longy Series Concert including pieces by Beethoven, Villa-lobos, Mozart and Mendelssohn at the Longy School of Music at 8:30 p.m.

The Boston University Repertory Orchestra, conducted by Jerome Rosen, will perform Dvorak's "Symphony No. 9 in E minor, Op. 95; Beethoven's "Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 36"; and Schubert's "Symphony No. 8 in B minor, D759 at the School for the Arts at 8:00 p.m.

Yale's Russian Chorus will sing exclusively in Russian and the singers will be exclusively male in this concert at Sanders Theatre at 8:30 p.m.

SUNDAY

Patricia DiRe, soprano, and William Merrill, piano, will give a concert in The Eliot House Library at 8 p.m.

Nermin Ciragan, pianist, will play works of Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, and Liszt in the Cabot Hall Living Room, South House, at 8:00 p.m.

MONDAY

Veronica Jochum, pianist, performs with the Berlin Philharmonic Octet presenting "An Evening With Schubert" in New England conservatory's Jordan Hall at 8:30 p.m.

Charles Kavaloskl, horn; Phillip Oliver, piano; will be assisted on horn by Peter Gordon, Ralph Pottle, and Richard Mackey in a Faculty Series performance of works composed by Koehler, Rheinberger, and Bozza at the School for the Arts at 8:00 p.m.

TUESDAY

Jerome Rosen, violinist, will present three songs he has transcribed from "Fiddler on The Roof" as well as works by Bach and Prokofiev at the School for the Arts at 8:00 p.m.

WEDNESDAY

Members of Music 180 will play chamber music by Brahms, Hindemith, and Villa-Lobos at Adams House Lower Common Room at 8:30 p.m.