Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Pine Manor Junior Class To Hold `Male Auction'

By Haibin Jiu

The opportunity of a lifetime awaits some lucky Harvard men, or so you would think to hear the women of Pine Manor tell it.

Early next month the junior class of Pine Manor College will auction off males from area schools, including Boston University, Boston College, Babson College and Harvard, to raise money for their class, according to the event's organizers.

Pine Manor, a women's school located near Boston College, has approximately 500 students.

The organizers flooded Harvard Yard and the other area schools with posters issuing the call, "We are looking for a few good men."

"We are going to select 20 guys," said an organizer who asked that her name be withheld.

While the organizers said they hope the auction will provide an opportunity for Pine Manor women to meet men from other colleges, they added that their primary motive is fiscal.

"We want this to be strictly innocent, strictly fund-raising. The girls are aware of that," said the organizer.

Pine Manor students will interview male applicants about their majors and favorite hobbies to pick those worthy of the auction, the organizer said.

The auction will be styled after the annual "Bachelors of Boston." While women are said to pay thousands of dollars for a man at the "Bachelors" auction, the Pine Manor event expect to get approximately 15 dollars for each individual.

The auction will begin at 8 p.m. on November 8. Each man will introduce himself, and then the bidding will begin. After a purchase is made, each couple will get a rose before leaving for the date.

The women are expected to pay, the organizer said.