Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Cambridge 19-Year-Old Shot In Central Square

By Erica L. Werner

A Cambridge man was shot in the face outside the McDonald's Restaurant in Central Square late last night, according to Cambridge police.

Hector I. Colon, 19, of 70 Bishop Allen Dr. in Cambridge, arrived at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) at 10:45 p.m. in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the right of his face, said Ruth Stokes, a clerical chargeperson.

Stokes could not comment on the severity of the injury, but said that Colon would be transferred to the MGH Trauma Center.

At 12:30 a.m. this morning, no suspects had been arrested, according to Cambridge Police Lieutenant Timothy McKuster.

McDonald's manager Wayne Martinez said he heard "a commotion" at about 10:30 p.m., and a witness told him about the shooting. Martinez called an ambulance immediately, he said, but the assailant fled the scene before officers arrived.

Witnesses at the scene said that the shot had gone across Coron's face and that he was still conscious after the shot. One witness said Coron was wearing a blue construction coat and a blue ski hat.

A 22-caliber shell casing was found at the scene, according to police reports.

An officer at the scene said that police had a description of the assailant and were in pursuit.

Officers searching for the assailant stopped aNissan Stanza at the corner of Mass. Ave andAlbany last night, according to Cambridge policereports. One of the four passengers matched thesuspect's description, but was released afterquestioning, according to police reports.

Central Square, once a thriving mercantilecenter, has been in decline in recent years.Merchants and residents have complained about aninflux in homeless people and an upswing in crime