Keshishian to Cast in Square

Truth or Dare Director Seeks Local Talent for New Film

By Margaret Isa, Contributing Reporter

Harvard students with visions of overnight stardom may have their big chance this weekend when the director of Madonna's Truth or Dare comes to town.

According to an official at Warner Brothers, Alek P. Keshishian '86 will conduct auditions in Cambridge for his new movie Damon--a film about a group of Harvard students who share a house off-campus.

In the movie, the group takes in a local homeless man, Damon, despite the objections of one of the students. When that student's thesis is later stolen, Damon finds it in a dumpster and offers to sell it to him for $10,000.

"The student then has to decide whether to graduate with honor or with honors," said Peter Kelley, a member of the film's production staff at Collinge-Pickman Casting.

Kelley said casting is taking place in Cambridge because the production staff is looking for unknowns--either Harvard students or area residents--for the four leads.

According to Harvard-Radcliffe Dramatic Club (HRDC) president Jennifer G. Uphoff '93, auditions began last week at Common Casting, a biannual session at which students try out for parts in a number of student-run productions.

Uphoff said the film's director found out about Common Casting through Harvard Lecturer on Dramatic Arts David F. Wheeler, HRDC's faculty advisor, and decided that it would be a good way to see many people in a short amount of time. Wheeler could not be reached for comment.

The upcoming casting call is scheduled for this Sunday, October 4, between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m., at the First Parish Church, 3 Church Street in Harvard Square.

Students wishing to audition should bring a recent photograph and resume to the call.