Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Risky Business

By Beth L. Pinsker

Forget trickle-down economics. The biggest disaster of 12 years of Republican rule was that there were no kids in the White House--"Gampy" had a million grandchildren running around, but after he called some of them "the little brown ones," he lost his family status.

Not since Amy Carter has America been able to watch a youngster grow up in the White House. And wasn't she fun to watch. Protesting. Getting arrested. Getting kicked out of Brown. It must have been great to be a Secret Service agent assigned to her.

Chelsea Clinton doesn't look all that comfortable in the media spotlight. She probably won't be accompanying her dad on any fully-taped jogs around Washington. Hell, I wouldn't even go to pick up pizza when I was 12 and had braces and frizzy hair.

Living in the White House, however, is like being royalty or living in an enchanted palace--at least in the common person's imagination. A full-time staff, constant attention and glamorous visitors must provide hours of entertainment.

I have some suggestions for Chelsea for enjoying her stay (and I hope it will be a long one) in the White House.

. Ask Michael Jackson to set up an exotic animal petting zoo in the White House basement.

. Make dad hang ornaments made in junior high woodshop class on the White House Christmas tree.

. Join the field hockey team and watch the Secret Service agents rush the field on fouls.

. Make a Secret Service agent take your driving test for you.

. Answer White House switchboard when Bono from U2 calls from on stage during a ZooTV concert. Invite the entire audience over for coffee.

. Run for class president in new school on a platform of "change."

. Requisition the presidential helicopter and fly all your new classmates to Camp David for the junior prom.

. Have a pillow fight with the Gore kids on Lincoln's bed.

. Don't settle for a treehouse in the White House Garden like Amy Carter had that you have to disassemble when the big guy gets voted out of office--make Dad buy you an apartment in Paris.