Cops Nab Coop Robbery Suspect

By Radi M. Annab, Contributing Reporter

Boston police have arrested a man who allegedly robbed the Harvard Business School Cooperative Society last week, department officials said yesterday.

Ronald Carrington, 19, of Charlestown, Mass. was apprehended by Boston police officers in Roxbury on Tuesday, said Lieutenant John F. Rooney of the Harvard University Police Department.

Last Week, Carrington allegedly held a Business School Coop cashier at gun point and stole $5500. Harvard police said the money was not recovered.

The suspect had escaped from the Deer Island House of Corrections in Boston, where he was serving time for previous crime, four days prior to the robbery.

He was picked up in Roxbury on a warrant issuedTuesday after his escape, Rooney said.

Team Effort

Harvard police worked with the Boston PoliceDepartment in the investigation leading to thearrest.

Police officials arrested Carrington forfleeing the correctional institution, and shortlyafterward the departments were able to match apicture of Carrington to an array of photos madefrom Coop surveillance video cameras. A Coopemployee positively identified him as the thief.

A trial date is yet to be set, Rooney said

Team Effort