Collector's Item

Now that Radcliffe has thrown in the towel and ceded its land to Harvard, the admissions brochure, our diplomas and
By V.c. Hallett

Now that Radcliffe has thrown in the towel and ceded its land to Harvard, the admissions brochure, our diplomas and the Harvard-Radcliffe Science Fiction Association will no longer be sporting its moniker. But those are the least of the changes in store; the biggie will hit when Radcliffe stops manufacturing all that other cool stuff with its name on it. True, Harvard regalia rules the Square, but girls and boys looking for some Radcliffe gear are not yet in trouble. The Harvard Shop on Mass. Ave stocks a Radcliffe kiddie T-shirt option, albeit somewhat hidden under piles of "Make Way for the Ducklings" shirts. The Coop offers a solid three articles of Radcliffe clothing: a gray T-shirt with red lettering, a gray sweatshirt with black and red lettering and a gray child's T-shirt, also with red lettering. While Ilana Rachodes, a Coop employee, estimates the ratio of Harvard to Radcliffe paraphernalia in stock to be in the ballpark of 250 to 3, Radcliffe spokesperson Michael A. Armini counters, "There's this one [Radcliffe shirt] on sale at the Coop with bold red letters. I think it's brilliant in its simplicity." But they're going fast. Rumor has it that pre-frosh stormed the Square last weekend, in search of the one T-shirt that would make them look like their older sister went here. And who knows? One day, these simple vestments may fetch the $345 alumni pay to get their paws on black Harvard chairs just like the one in your common room.