Gregg A. Peeples, pictured here in 2010, will take medical leave for the remainder of the spring 2014 semester.

Eliot, Kirkland, Winthrop

ELIOT Michael C. McGaghie ’01 Senior Resident Tutor FM: What is the most extravagant thing that a student has ever done for you to show their appreciation?
By Clemmie S. Faust

ELIOT

Michael C. McGaghie ’01

Senior Resident Tutor

FM: What is the most extravagant thing that a student has ever done for you to show their appreciation?

MCM: Someone dressed up as me for Halloween this year. Let’s hope that was a gesture of appreciation.

KIRKLAND

Scott Haywood

Building Manager

FM: What is the most absurd call you have ever received from a student?

SH: That would be the case of the angry beer keg. About six years ago, the boys up in I-34 had an empty beer keg that somehow, on its own, managed to smash the bathroom sink into a thousand pieces. With a straight face they all reported no one knew how it happened. Everyone was out at the time, or supposedly it happened in the middle of the night when they all were asleep. Apparently the keg just rolled across the floor and on its own, hopped up on the sink and smashed it to pieces. Beware of empty kegs.

Also a student named “Someone,” who I believe lives in Eliot House, seems to be awfully busy. Anytime anything happens here that shouldn’t, “Someone” did it. I’m surprised they haven’t been Ad Boarded or have [not] graduated by now.

WINTHROP

Gregg A. Peeples

Resident Dean

FM: As a former Marine and avid athlete, how do you whip Winthrop students into shape?

GAP: I try to have daily all-House training in the courtyard...at sunrise. Surprisingly, attendance is low. I am thinking we should hire a bugler to play “Reveille” every morning, sort of like those loud bells we hear from Lowell. That should help get people up for it.

House Life