When the weather outside gets frightful, what’s more delightful than curling up and sipping on some holiday-themed drinks? Here are some beverages approved by F.M. to get you in the holiday spirit(s).
Red Hot Chocolate
- 1 package of hot chocolate
- 1 shot cinnamon schnapps
- Marshmallows and/or whipped cream as desired
1) Prepare hot chocolate as directed in package. Make sure it’s piping hot.
2) Stir until it reaches your desired consistency.
3) Slowly pour in schnapps and continue stirring.
4) Top off with marshmallows and whipped cream.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 1 shot dark rum
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Boiling water
- 1 small slice of butter
- Pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
1) Place brown sugar, a slice of butter, and cinnamon or nutmeg into the bottom of a glass.
2) Pour in boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3) Add rum and stir.
Caramel BruLeE Latte
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp. Coffee Mate Crème Brulee Creamer
- 2 tsp caramel sauce/syrup
1) Heat milk in a microwave-safe cup for about 1.5 minutes.
2) Stir in coffee and creamer.
3) Drizzle in caramel syrup, and stir again.
- 1 cup eggnog
- 15 oz. milk, whipping cream, or half and half
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 candy cane
- 1 shot Kahlua or chocolate liqueur, if desired
1) Pour a cup of eggnog, or prepare from package.
2) Stir in milk, whipping cream or half and half, and vanilla.
4) Mix again, and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. (Add alcohol as desired).
5) Garnish with candy cane.
*If you would like your drink warm, reheat in microwave for one minute after refrigeration.
To add panache to any of the above, serve with a cinnamon stick and swizzle away.