FM Jukebox: Live Music Special

Here at FM, we’re all for chilling with your laptop and listening to music, but there’s just something special about ...
By Simon A. De Carvalho

Here at FM, we’re all for chilling with your laptop and listening to music, but there’s just something special about the live music experience. This is a playlist of songs that should inspire you to get your butt off the futon and into the club.

“Jump on Stage” — Girl Talk

Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” layered over Radiohead’s “Creep.” Enough said. Master mashup artist Girl Talk will be at the House of Blues, Boston, on February 26: call for tickets or look on StubHub.

“Livin’ On a Prayer” — Bon Jovi

Apparently, Jon Bon Jovi is still alive and still making music. He’ll be doing it on March 1 at Boston’s TD Garden. Tickets range from $37 to $147.

“Bread” — Yellow Ostrich

Sleeper pick. Check out Yellow Ostrich’s wonderfully ethereal art-pop on March 6 at the Middle East, Cambridge (18+). Tickets are $12.

“Bad Romance” — Lady Gaga

Whatever you say about “Born This Way,” there’s no denying the brilliance of “Bad Romance.” Gaga is at Boston’s TD Garden on March 8; the show is sold out but tickets are still available (and reasonably priced) on StubHub.com. Go.

“Frank, AB” — The Rural Alberta Advantage

These up-and-coming indie rockers from, well, rural Alberta, will be at the Middle East (18+) on March 9. Tickets are $12.

“A More Perfect Union” — Titus Andronicus

Enjoy long-form, hyper-literate, Civil War-themed punk rock? Thought so. Go see Titus Andronicus open for The Pogues on March 11 and 12 at the House of Blues. Tickets are $51.

“Baptism” — Crystal Castles

Frontwoman Alice Glass has been known to punch people at her concerts. That’s pretty awesome. Dodge her blows on March 19 at the House of Blues. Tickets are $25.

“Cradle” — The Joy Formidable

FM is always on the watch for the next big thing. According to the experts at Wales Online, these guys “fuse molten melodic hooks with a wall of scuzzy riffage to form primal epic grunge-rock.” Sweet. The trio will be making the trip from Mold, North Wales to headline the Brighton Music Hall (18+) on March 29. Tickets are $12.

For The Moment