15 Harvard Anthropology Professors Call on Comaroff to Resign Over Sexual Harassment Allegations

Harvard Title IX Coordinator Apologizes for Statement on Comaroff Lawsuit

Cambridge City Officials Discuss Universal Pre-K

New Cambridge Police Commissioner Pledges Greater Transparency and Accountability

Harvard Alumni Association Executive Director to Step Down

Hosiery Store Penti Closes

By Raghu Dhara and Samuel Vasquez, Crimson Staff Writers

The Harvard Square location of Penti, a hosiery and lingerie shop on JFK St., was closed March 1 by its former owner Haluk M. Ozek in order to consolidate the store’s merchandise with the nearby boutique Monella on 29 Brattle St.

Penti is an international Turkish franchise that opened in Harvard Square three years ago.

According to Ozek, the owner of both the former Penti store and Monella, the consolidation offers a more streamlined and complete customer experience.

“The aim is to create a better retail store, where the customer can have a better shopping experience,” Ozek said.

According to Ozek, moving Penti's products to Monella, which carries clothing and accessories, gives customers a more comprehensive selection in one place.

“When the customer comes in to buy Penti products they may take a look around and see if there is anything [in Monella] they like.” Ozek said.

He added that consolidating the two stores also eliminates the need to pay rent on two locations.

Denise A. Jillson, executive director of the Harvard Square Business Association, said that she currently does not know what business will replace Penti.

—Staff writer Samuel Vasquez can be reached at samuel.vasquez@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @svasquez14.

—Staff writer Raghu V. Dhara can be reached at raghu.dhara@thecrimson.com Follow him on twitter @RaghuDhara.

Harvard SquareThe SquareSquare BusinessMetro NewsMetro