Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Karl E. Krehbiel ’15 and Carolyn Krehbiel

By Courtesy of Karl E. Krehbiel
By Jared T. Lucky, Crimson Staff Writer

Concentration: Statistics

House: Lowell

Hometowns: Melbourne, FL

Dating since: February 2010

Where you met: In Mrs. Teplica's class in eighth grade, but we didn't really get to know each other then. We started to become friends and then ended up dating during our junior year of high school.

Married: January 18, 2014

Most memorable date: We both really remember our first date. The day before the date, I called Carolyn out-of-the-blue and asked if she wanted to go out to dinner with me. Carolyn was busy that night, but we made plans for the next day. It was just so comfortable. We went to Olive Garden and we still remember what we ordered and talked about. At the end, I hugged Carolyn and said, "I like you," and Carolyn responded with, "I like you, too, Karl."

Three words to describe yourselves as a couple: Honest, caring, silly

What your friends would say about you: The combination of our similarities and differences seems to make us a really good team.

Something you’ve always wanted to tell people: Marriage doesn't have to be "the old ball and chain!"

An anecdote that captures your relationship: For pretty much our whole senior year of high school, we would meet twice a week at 6:30 a.m. at the Dunkin Donuts near our school for a breakfast date, and our school didn't even start until 8:30. Both our sets of parents and all our friends were amazed that we would get up so early... that's when they knew we were for real.

In 15 minutes you are: Going back to reading “House of Leaves” side by side

WeddingsSenior Section 2015