Top Five: The 27th SAG Awards Red Carpet’s Best Dressed Stars

Kerry Washington poses in a pool for the 27th SAG Awards.
Kerry Washington poses in a pool for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Kerry Washington @kerrywashington
By Beatrice H. Youd, Contributing Writer

The 27th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards ceremony was the (virtual) place to be on April 4. Aside from honoring the best acting performances in this year’s top TV shows and movies, the 27th SAG Award ceremony was full of stars flaunting their fashion from home. There were monochrome outfits and sequins galore; Nothing was off the table for nominees, not even pajamas — Daniel Kaluuya accepted an award for his performance in “Judas and the Black Messiah” in a chic pinstriped royal purple pajama set by Louis Vuitton that probably costs more than your car. So, which stars were best dressed? Here are our top five.

5. Dan Levy

Dan Levy made all of us laugh in “Schitt’s Creek.” Now, he’s making us want to purchase brooches. Sporting a cream suit by The Row, Dan Levy wowed us with his spring fashion, and he might have single-handedly resurrected brooches as a fashion statement. Along with his cream and light blue flower brooch, some tasteful Cartier jewels and sunglasses complete the effortlessly stylish look.

Dan Levy dressed for the 27th SAG Awards.
Dan Levy dressed for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Erica Cloud @ecduzit

4. Anya Taylor-Joy

Anya Taylor-Joy, otherwise known as Beth Harmon from “The Queen’s Gambit,” gave off major Audrey Hepburn golden-age vibes with her classy cream-colored Vera Wang gown with black lace trim. Anya Taylor-Joy is living the “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” dream, wearing upwards of $800,000 worth of Tiffany & Co. jewelry. Her gown definitely pulls off an ageless glamor.

Anya Taylor-Joy dressed for the 27th SAG Awards.
Anya Taylor-Joy dressed for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Anya Taylor-Joy @anyataylorjoy

3. Regé-Jean Page

In true “Bridgerton” fashion, Regé-Jean Page was dressed like a duke for the awards ceremony. Regé-Jean Page also hopped on the monochrome trend, wearing a well-tailored black velvet Louis Vuitton suit and matching quilted shoes. His dress shirt has a subtle pattern that adds some dimension to the look — And, let’s face it: Anything Regé-Jean Page wears looks good on him.

Regé-Jean Page dressed for the 27th SAG Awards.
Regé-Jean Page dressed for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Regé-Jean Page @regejean

2. Emma Corrin

Emma Corrin, channeling some Princess Diana fashion energy, really stole the show with her red carpet outfit. The “The Crown” star was dressed in a Prada ensemble that embodied high-risk high-reward fashion. Is it a lacy spring dress? Is it a private-school uniform? Where did the lace up chunky black boots and matching clip belt come from? We may never know. But, what we do know is that Emma Corrin is absolutely stunning in this edgy dress.

Emma Corrin Dressed for the 27th SAG Awards.
Emma Corrin Dressed for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Harry Lambert @harry_lambert

1. Kerry Washington

Ariel has nothing on Kerry Washington, who was nominated for her performance in “Little Fires Everywhere.” Taking full advantage of the virtual awards stage, Kerry Washington decided to go for a swim, plunging into her backyard pool wearing a stunning Etro gown and matching swim cap, both covered in ornate dark-blue beading. Half-submerged in pool water for her red carpet photoshoot, Kerry Washington is a high fashion mermaid.

Kerry Washington dressed for the 27th SAG Awards.
Kerry Washington dressed for the 27th SAG Awards. By Courtesy of Kerry Washington @kerrywashington

These stars managed to deliver amazing looks even from home, setting the bar higher for the 28th SAG Awards next year.

ArtsCulture