The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained
Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned
Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands
Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square
107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay
This week, The Full-Court Press takes you to Blodgett pool where, after racing against some of the top five schools in the nation earlier this month at the Georgia Invitational, the women’s swim team is back in training mode preparing for the spring season. Leading the charge are seven seniors, including Eliot resident Katherine Pickard. If there’s one thing to know about the senior from Phoenix, it’s that she absolutely loves Frosted Flakes, or as her teammates say, “you don’t get between Pickard and her flakes.” In this exclusive interview, Katherine talks about flakes, Shamu, and most importantly, beating Princeton. Every week The Full-Court Press gives you the sort of personal scoop that you’re not likely to hear at a typical press conference.
Name: Katherine Pickard
Stats: In Pickard’s first collegiate race at Harvard, she won in the 500-yard freestyle against Cornell. Since then, she’s racked up 11 top-three finishes at the annual Ivy Championships, provisionally qualified for NCAAs every year, and now holds four school records.
Onward and upward!
1.Typical pre-game meal.
Frosted Flakes, the breakfast of champions.
2. List four songs you listen to before games to get pumped up.
It changes from meet to meet but “Infiniti” by Guru Josh Project, “Yeah 3x” by Chris Brown, “Dangerous” by the Ying Yang Twins, “Sexy Bitch” by David Guetta.
3. Favorite team to play against and why?
Princeton so we can jump in their pool and celebrate when we win.
4. Most ridiculous thing that has taken place in your team's locker room.
Spontaneous dance party to “I’m On a Boat” while also eating pizza.
5. Most embarrassing moment you've had in the pool.
Dropped my pants in the locker room in front of my male assistant coach (on accident).
6. Animal that best represents your style of play and why.
I would say Shamu because my tricks look pretty but I have a vicious bite.
7. Most ridiculous thing you have heard a fan yell at a meet you were swimming in.
“Get ‘er done.”
8. If you could play for another sports team at Harvard, which would it be and why?
I’m not much of an athlete out of the water, but definitely tennis so I could wear the cute outfits.
9. Position you would play in Quidditch.
I’m terrified of heights so I wouldn’t play.
10. If you could go on a date with any professional athlete, who would it be and where would you take him/her?
I would have a picnic with Nathan Adrian on the beach.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.