On the Edge of the Elite

To Be Pro-Gun, is to Be Pro-Violence

November 08, 2019

The AR-15 is not so kind.

Read more

Ways We Learn to Cope

October 25, 2019

Sometime earlier this year, I was waiting for the walk sign that would let me cross from Harvard Yard to Harvard Square. I can’t quite remember where I was heading, only that I had a million and one things to do once I got there — and maybe because I was so caught up, I almost missed the yelling behind me.

Read more

The World is Not Kind, But Your Daughters Are Not Weak

October 11, 2019

If you’re on your own, that’s one obstacle. If you’re a woman, that’s another. If you’re a woman of color on your own, well, you might just want to stop and reconsider this whole “adventure” thing.

Read more

The Circles We Keep

September 27, 2019

Harvard is an elite kind of place, stating it as such almost seems redundant at this point. Perhaps we can’t fault the institution for its nature, not when its inception was based on curating the best and brightest (and by no coincidence, the most socio-economically well off). So instead, we like to celebrate how far Harvard has come since the days its student body had largely been comprised of white men.

Read more

What My Parents Taught Me

September 13, 2019

As I lie awake, I’ll listen to my sister’s soft breathing beside me, and if I strain my ears I can even hear the whirring of my brother’s fan from across the room the three of us have always shared. Usually when I turn on my side, I’m not surprised to see the light on in the dining room — I’m not the only sleepless one in the family.

Read more