DJ Straus Wants To 'Raise Your Standards'

Look at that hypnotic gaze...does it make you want to dance?

If you hit up a House formal sometime this week, chances are the person you have to thank for playing "Low" right when you want to dance with that girl in the short red dress is none other than Harvard's current DJ of the moment, DJ Straus.

DJ Straus, otherwise known as George Zisiadis '11, has been DJing for a year and a half and has played about a dozen gigs since beginning to DJ at Harvard earlier this semester.

Straus, who provided musical enjoyment for the attendees of the Lowell, Leverett, and Cabot/Pfoho formals was also originally planning to play the Mather formal last night, but the gig seems to have fallen through at the last minute. The reason, after the jump.

According to his blog, "it wasn't clear to some that booking a DJ Straus performance doesn't involve micromanaging the music playlist."  Sounds like a bit of a "creative control" tussle.

But never fear if you're a Matherite saddened by DJ Straus's absence. In addition to navigating the Harvard party circuit better than an FC girl, each month the Adams House resident puts up a new "Straus Mix" on his website, a compilation of what he said are "only the best songs that I think have shown up in the last month."

This month's mix contains everything from R.E.M. (we know them) to DJ Ghadi Tha Great (no idea).

"The goal of these mixes and the parties is to raise people's musical standards here at Harvard, and give them a musical experience they can gain value from," said Zisiadis.  Lofty words.

Check it out here, and decide for yourself.

Photo Credit: Titus Jahng/The Crimson

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.