Happy Friday, Harvard! Welcome to the weekend! Juniors, we hope you have a great parents weekend (for help making it seem like your life is together, we have your back). To everyone else– you can still use your junior friends’ parents being here as an excuse to not study for midterms.
IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Another sunny day, and it should warm up to about 16º with windchill by midday! Practically summer!!
IN THE D-HALL
Catch of the Day
Margarita Pizza on Multigrain Crust
Fish and Chips
Samosa with Tamarind Chutney
1) A Visitor’s Guide to Cambridge and Boston (Cheatsheet for Junior Parents' Weekend), Part 2: Cool places to visit in Boston when your fam is in town!
2) Listen Up! "I Can't Stand My Roommate's Girlfriend" and Other Grievances: So many questions about love, so little time.
IN THE NEWS
1) Faculty Council Approves New Concentration, Discusses Schedule Changes: “The Faculty Council voted Wednesday in support of the proposed concentration in Theater, Dance, and Media. The concentration will be brought to the full Faculty for discussion on March 3 and will be voted on at the meeting of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences on April 7, according to Dean of Undergraduate Education Jay M. Harris.”
2) History and Literature Concentrators Celebrate Thesis Completion: “When the 47 members of the senior class concentrating in History and Literature arrive at the Barker Center to turn in their theses on Friday afternoon, they will be greeted by champagne and cookies in addition to the usual congratulations from their tutors and department heads.”
3) Former Tunisian PM Describes Country’s “Start-Up Democracy”: “Former Prime Minister of Tunisia Mehdi Jomaa spoke at Harvard’s Institute of Politics Thursday about his country’s sometimes tumultuous but ultimately successful transition into a fledgling ‘start-up democracy.’”
4) OCS Rolls Out Updated Grant Application Platform: “Administrators earlier this semester updated Harvard’s centralized summer grant application system so that faculty members may submit student recommendation letters electronically, rather than in paper form, a change that was accompanied by some glitches.”
EVENTS: WEEKEND EDITION
Connect with professionals working in media, fashion, and journalism at the AMBLE Spring Career Conference from 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the SOCH. RSVP for the luncheon on the OCS website.
Boulder to Build will be held from 1-5 p.m. at the Lowell Rock Gym. $5 per ticket at the door. All proceeds go toward the Harvard Chapter of Habitat for Humanity and the club’s spring break trip to build homes in North Carolina.
Audition for On Harvard Time by reading lines and doing some improv. 7-9 p.m. in Harvard Hall 105.
Ghungroo– The 26th anniversary of the largest cultural show on campus! Tonight’s show is at 7 p.m., and shows tomorrow at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.