A Guide For Those Who Got Into All Eight Ivies

•
Harvard acceptance letters are sealed by members of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid prior to being mailed off.

To the wonderful students who have been admitted to all eight Ivy League Schools this year, congratulations!! You are every parent’s dream child, and every other high school senior’s worst enemy. Now, you have the difficult task of choosing among these prestigious schools. But it doesn’t have to be so difficult. We can you help you consider some factors to help you narrow down your choices and find the college that’s right for you:

1) Location
As they always say, location, location, location. You’re going to be spending the next four years of your life in one area, so make sure it’s the absolute best. For example, Harvard is perfectly situated. It’s right next to Harvard Square, home to so many stores and restaurants and CVS locations (yes, that’s plural). What does New Haven have anyways?

2) Ease of Travel
When you get tired of campus life, it’s always important to get away from it all. Harvard is just a few T-stops away from the heart of downtown Boston, while far enough away to feel like its own campus within Cambridge. When you’re a freshman at Dartmouth itching for a night out in town, where will you be able to go in Hanover, NH on a Saturday night?

3) School Colors
From attending home games to working out at the gym, remember that you will be sporting your school colors for decades to come. Crimson is flattering on everyone and great for all occasions. Imagine the horror of having to wear orange attire to reunions for the rest of your life!

4) Sports
Speaking of extracurriculars, it’s important to attend a school with winning teams so you can have a lot of school pride. Having teams in NCAA tournaments and on the winning side of a long rivalry is not unfamiliar to Harvard. Do we ever even hear anything about Columbia's football team?

With these points above, we hope your choice will be much easier to make. Remember, not all Ivy League schools were created equal. When making your final decision, choose wisely (and by wisely, we mean Harvard)!

AdmissionsFlyby BlogFlyby Front Featurestarstruckrequired reading

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.