Burst the Bubble: Sept. 12 - Sept. 15

•
The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has a great event on Thursday!
The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has a great event on Thursday! By Vimal S. Konduri

If you’re already aching to get off campus after just a week of class, you’re in luck! We’ve rounded up four adventure ideas for four days at the end of this week. From a Jordan Peele screening and science exhibition to fireworks and local food options, these events are sure to distract you from your first round of semester stressors.

Thursday:

“Us” @ Museum of Fine Arts

Loved “Get Out” but still haven’t seen Jordan Peele’s most recent horror movie? There are definitely worse ways to spend your Thursday evening than by catching a sunset screening of “Us” on the Museum of Fine Arts’s Huntington Avenue Lawn. Bring your own blankets and snacks and enjoy!

Friday:

College Fridays @ Museum of Science

This one’s for everyone who loved STEM as a kid, but not quite enough to declare a concentration in it. Every Friday this month starting at 5 p.m., Boston’s Museum of Science is offering free admission into the General Exhibit Halls with a college ID. The events will boast duck tours, lightning bolt demonstrations, and exhibits on all sorts of different science subjects.

Saturday:

Riverfest @ Assembly Row

With a movie theater, LegoLand, and plenty of shopping and dining, there’s already enough to do at Assembly Row. This Saturday, though, there will be even more — a full day of live music, food and drink pop-ups, games, and giveaways. The best part? Fireworks over the Mystic River at sundown.

Sunday:

Boston Local Food Festival @ Rose Kennedy Greenway

Wrap up the weekend by supporting regional businesses and celebrating sustainable eating at the Boston Local Food Festival. There will be chef demos, opportunities to learn about food in New England, and lots to eat. It will be delicious.

Harvard isn’t the entire world. Go forth and burst the Harvard bubble with these Boston events!

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby CityFlyby FrontAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.