Top Books Written by Harvard Faculty

•
By Thomas W. Franck

Looking to increase your reading load and broaden your analytical mind? Trying to impress your professor or interview with some sophisticated reads? Look no further: here are some of the most popular books written by Harvard Professors.

Rethinking the MBA by Srikant M. Datar, David A. Garvin, and Patrick G. Cullen

In this book, the authors examine the changing landscape of business education and how the MBA degree fits within it. This book discusses the move away from traditional programs and how employers are questioning the value of a business degree. This might be the book for you if you hope to go into business!

Merchants of Truth: The Business of News and the Fight for Facts by Jill Abramson

The former executive editor of The New York Times compares the legacies of traditional media companies and new upstarts as they navigate differently through a new age of technology, standards, and social awareness. It might be worth discussing at her office hours!

Molecules and Medicine by Barbara Czako, Elias James Corey, and László Kürti

Ever wanted a clear, comprehensive introduction to biochemical topics and drug discovery? Well, look no further: this book explains the future of drug development and modern medicines. Legend has it that readers get extra credit on their Orgo midterm.

Forged in Crisis: The Power of Courageous Leadership in Turbulent Times by Nancy Koehn

By examining high-profile figures in history — from Abraham Lincoln to Rachel Carson — Koehn shares her insights of true leadership. By analyzing a crisis and a good leader’s tactics, this book says you should understand today’s issues.

Principles of Economics by N. Gregory Mankiw

Love it or hate it, no one can deny that this staple economics textbook has left a mark on many of us. Aside from the massive clout it has created for the Ec10 professor, there’s always something to learn from some good ol’ supply and demand graphs.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby FrontAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.