Flyby Presents: Virtual Valentines Day Ideas

By Courtesy of Masha Weisberg/Awesomeness Films

Has it been a whole 27 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes, and 21 seconds since you’ve seen your special ~loved~ one? With all the readings and psets, did you forget that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner? Don’t worry — Flyby knows how to let your boo (beau? bae? baby? We don’t judge here) know that you adore them even if you're miles (or kilometers for all my international friends <3) away.

Be Old-Fashioned

Send them a handwritten letter. With a pen… and paper. No, not your Apple Pencil. There’s something nice about being able to keep a permanent reminder of your love. Bonus points: write them a letter to open for every occasion. If this is really too 1981 for you, make them a specialized Spotify Playlist for their listening enjoyment. They’ll be thinking of you all day.

Send Them a Video Message

Forget the letter — record and re-record yourself saying a cute message to your Valentine. Make it cheesy, and they’ll appreciate it!!

Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes, The Options Are Endless

Imagine waking up to crepes delivered to your door or having a tasty dinner to come home to after a long day of classes!!! You deserve it, they deserve it. Food is a universal love language, and we swear by it.

Bezos Your Love

What can you not buy on Amazon? Don’t answer that question. Instead, make a list of things you can put in a care package to ship to them, or gift them something they’ve been longing for, delivered straight to their house. A new book, board game, or iPad case… the options are truly endless.

Netflix Party?

It may not be the Netflix & Chill you really want, but it’ll do. Watch your favorite (or hate-watch your least favorite) films with each other and don’t forget the popcorn.

Get Them a Singing Telegram

Will they die of embarrassment? Possibly. Will they appreciate the gesture? Unlikely. But, don’t let that stop you from finding someone in their area to surprise them at work, in class, or at home with a singing telegram. If you have the budget: consider a flash mob.

Get On The Next Train…

Just go. Go see them. Book that plane ticket, hop on that train, go get your car. We know you miss them, the pset can wait! Alternatively, celebrate this day of love in a few weeks/months or whenever you can finally see your valentine — who said it had to be on February 14th anyways?

You don’t need us to tell you this, but we’ll say it anyway: Whether you end up going all-out to plan a virtual celebration or you take the laid-back route and don’t do anything at all, you love each other and that’s all that matters. Happy Valentine’s day to all our readers! And to all the singles out there who read this article despite the title, don’t forget that Flyby loves you!

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby CultureFlyby Front FeatureFlyby FrontAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.