Crimson Elects New Leadership

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

Kristina M. Moore ’08 will lead the newly-elected 134th Guard of The Harvard Crimson, the paper’s outgoing president announced on Friday.

Moore, a history and literature concentrator from Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y., and Dunster House, has chaired the paper’s Arts Board since February. She will assume the president’s post at the start of the spring semester.

Moore will be joined on The Crimson’s masthead by managing editor-elect Javier C. Hernandez ’08, of Eugene, Ore., and Cabot House, who will oversee the newspaper’s content.

Roger R. Lee ’08 of Congers, N.Y., and Quincy House, will serve as business manager.

The paper’s outgoing editors elected their successors early Friday morning, and the president of the 133rd Guard, William C. Marra ’07, announced the results to the staff Friday afternoon.

“I am delighted with the quality of the leadership at The Crimson next year,” Marra said. “The executives will lead the building with honesty, integrity, and a sense of purpose in the coming year.”

The Crimson, founded in 1873, is the only daily newspaper in Cambridge, Mass., and the oldest continuously published daily college newspaper. It chooses its leaders through an election process known as “the turkey shoot” in which all outgoing editors are invited to participate. A successful candidate must receive at least 75 percent of the vote.

Evan H. Jacobs ’08 and Anton S. Troianovski ’08 will lead the newspaper’s news board as associate managing editors.

Marianne F. Kaletzky ’08 and Abraham J. Riesman ’08 will serve as chairs of the arts board.

Jordan A. Comins ’09 and Lukas Toth ’09 will head the design board.

Adam M. Guren ’08 and Drew M. Trombly ’08 will lead the editorial board.

M. Aidan Kelly ’08 and Aria S. K. Laskin ’08 will serve as chairs of Fifteen Minutes, The Crimson’s weekend magazine.

Alexander E. Blank ’09 and Matthew S. Fasman ’08 will chair the information technology board.

Alexandra C. Bell ’08 and Laura C. McKiernan ’08 will lead the Photography Board.

Jonathan J. Lehman ’08 and Karan Lodha ’08 will head the sports board.

Reva P. Minkoff ’08 will serve as The Crimson’s staff director.