SPORTS BRIEF: Another simple sweep sends women’s squash off to break on right note.

By The Crimson Staff

With a perfect 27-0 game record, the Harvard women’s squash team blew right by Cornell, adding another Ivy victory to its unblemished record.

To date, the Crimson is 35-1 in its matches (and 4-0 as a team).

Against the Big Red, the only real challenge Harvard faced in any of its matches was at the number three spot, where junior Supriya Balsekar won the third and decisive game by a 10-8 final. Overall, there were eight games in which the Crimson players did not even allow its counterparts to get a point on the board.

Freshman Charlene Neo, in the ninth spot, prevented Catherine Duboc of Cornell from registering a single point in an entire contest.

At the top spot, senior Kyla Grigg also faced a relatively simple challenge as she beat Maxi Prinsen 9-2, 9-0, 9-0.

Junior Jen Blumberg won 9-4, 9-4, 9-2 at the number two spot and senior Lydia Williams took her match at No. 5 9-1, 9-5, 9-4.

A long winter’s hibernation is coming up for the squad, as the Crimson will take the rest of the semester off. Its vacation will extend through reading period and finals. It will then return to the courts on Feb. 7, when it faces Trinity at the Murr Center.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Men's Squash