1. It's Brown. Harvard clearly needs to prove its Ivy dominance against the school that insists on having a Pass or Fail option for every class.
2. Show off your Harvard apparel. We know you have it. You, with the Harvard sweatshirt, mini running shorts, blazer, sunglasses, and matching shirts for Mom and Dad. You never wear them in case they led to a conversation involving the H-Bomb. The time to wear this stuff is now.
3. Undefeated. Harvard football has never lost a night home game. A pretty much tangible piece of evidence of our school's perfection. What could be better than being a part of that?
4. Emma Watson. Let's be real. Emma Watson was at the Harvard vs. Brown game last year. This year, we're aiming for the big leagues. No one knows which Hogwartian will show up next.
5. The Red Sox can't put two wins in a row in the midst of an incredibly close wildcard race and the NBA currently doesn't exist. If you're into the world of sports the game tonight might be the best you're gonna get for a while.
6. Everyone knows that the Yale game is "The Game." But say that there was more than one game per season. Say that one more game could decide who won the Ivy League title. Say, in fact, that this game was tonight. Would you go?
7. Freshman Dropouts. Chances are if you want to be a computer mogul and follow in the steps of Zuckerberg, you're going to drop out soon. Just in case this happens before The Game, the (other) game tonight is a good opportunity to make sure you see at least one athletic event in your time here.
8. Lamont closes at 10 p.m. on Fridays. If you were planning on being there on a Friday night anyway, you need to get out and smell the Crimson-colored roses. There is no risk of stepping out of the library, we promise.
9. Crimson Dance Team. It's the CDT's first time performing at a football game. Not only will we get to see a potential battle between this new team and Harvard Cheer, but we'll also be able to judge firsthand whether it actually earns the tag of a club sport.
10. Crimson Cash giveaway. $1 for laundry, bitches!
11. The Bulldogs have their first Ivy League game this weekend and are pitted against Cornell. It would be embarrassing if we let them outshine us on week one. So we need to come out in numbers.
12. Facebook. You wake up, turn on your computer, and log on to Facebook. Your newsfeed is filled with pictures of friends at various other schools (i.e. Michigan, Wisconsin, Syracuse) showing spirit. They're screaming, decked out in face paint, and yelling for their teams. You want that. A little bit of you, deep inside, is regretting not having their experiences. Well guess what? Come and get it.
13. Senior quarterback Collier W. Winters' '12 hair.
14. Parties. If you're in your dorm all night, you definitely won't hear all of what is going down. If you’re at the game, you're automatically with 18,000 of your closest friends. Think about it.
15. The actual football team. According to preseason rankings, Harvard football is listed second in the Ivy League. We even got some first place votes. If you’re actually interested in Harvard athletics and seeing a good game, come.