Juliet Spies-Gans

Men's Basketball

Lin '10 Will Head West to Lakers

Jeremy Lin '10 was the central cog in a deal that also handed the Lakers a 2015 first-round draft pick. For its part, Los Angeles only gave up the rights to an overseas player alongside cash considerations.

CASE IN POINT
Men's Basketball

Kyle Casey '14 Sees NBA Summer League Minutes

Casey’s combined 28 minutes of playing time came after two straight games during which he did not leave the bench.

Kyle Casey
Men's Basketball

Casey To Play For Nets' Summer Squad

According to Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy, Kyle Casey ’14 will be joining the Brooklyn Nets’ summer team in the coming weeks, hoping to earn a more permanent spot on a professional roster.

Year in Sports - Game of the Year - Men's Basketball vs. Michigan State
Men's Basketball

'We Do Not Lose Like This'

What follows is an oral history of the Harvard-Michigan State third-round matchup. The Crimson, which was considered down and out before it even took the court, was playing on the biggest stage in program history. What ensued was 40 minutes of play that truly typified the madness characteristic of postseason collegiate basketball.

Eating Pressures
Front Feature

Disorderly Conduct

Pressure is nothing new for collegiate athletes. However, certain dietary demands inherent in sports exacerbate these pressures, leading to unhealthy eating practices that toe the line with medically diagnosible disordered eating.

Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Coach Tommy Amaker to Stay at Harvard for 2014-2015

Exactly one week after his team battled for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen, Harvard men’s basketball coach Tommy Amaker released a statement declaring that he will remain with the Crimson for the 2014-2015 season.

Michigan State at Halftime
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Stopped by Spartans, 80-73

While winning tonight’s matchup would’ve advanced the Harvard men’s basketball team to the Sweet Sixteen, the final result of the Crimson’s contest against Michigan State was, instead, bittersweet.

Amaker
Men's Basketball

Round of 32 Matchup Rekindles Rivalry, Friendship

A little less than 12 years and two months after the two “nemeses” first competed against one another as head coaches, Amaker and Izzo will once again face off

Saunders vs. Cincinnati
Men's Basketball

NOTEBOOK: Basketball Dons the Cinderella Slipper Once Again

The Crimson advanced to the third round of the Big Dance for the second consecutive year. Amidst “I Believe” chants from its fan section, Harvard pulled off the upset, this time defeating fifth-seeded Cincinnati, 61-57.

Getting Ready
Men's Basketball

Expectations Mount as Experts Pick Crimson

When the squads take the floor on Thursday, the typical roles of a second-round Tournament game will be reversed.

Selection Sunday
Men's Basketball

Harvard Will Face Cincinnati in NCAA Tournament

On the NCAA Tournament Selection show on Sunday, it was revealed that the Harvard men’s basketball team will face Cincinnati on Thursday in Spokane, Wash.

Steve
Men's Basketball

Moundou-Missi Anchors Men's Basketball in Smith's Absence

While Moundou-Missi is quick to credit his teammates for his own success, his 2013-2014 season statistics indicate that the forward has grown into his own during the course of the year.

Season Recap 2
Men's Basketball

Thirty Games in, Harvard is Still Marching

After adding the returning All-Ivy senior talents and top-100 recruit freshman Zena Edosomwan, the murmurs were not of the Crimson winning the Ivy League, but of going undefeated.

Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Sharpshooting Rivard Key To Crimson's Success

The shot clock hit six as Chambers found a streaking Rivard near the top of the key. The senior wasted no time, hitting a dagger from behind the arc to make it a two-possession game, 94-89.

VICTORY
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Clinches NCAA Berth With Win Over Yale

The Crimson clinched its third straight berth in the NCAA Tournament with a 70-58 win over Yale on Friday night at the Payne Whitney Gymnasium.

Dare to Dye
Highlight

Dare to Dye

stephanie_postcard
Highlight

Dos Besos

A World Cup Malcontent
Highlight

A World Cup Malcontent

water_india
Highlight

Then Rain Comes