Crimson staff writer

Juliet Spies-Gans

Latest Content

Miller
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Miller, Saunders Lead Men's Basketball to Tight Win

After a first half that featured a bevy of jump shots from beyond the arc, it was the other kind of three-point play that made the difference down the stretch for the Harvard men’s basketball team en route to its 75-72 victory over Princeton on Friday evening at Jadwin Gymnasium.

Miller
Men's Basketball

NOTEBOOK: Second Half Woes Send Men's Basketball to Defeat

A trey ball from senior wing Wesley Saunders with 13 minutes remaining was the last highlight reel-type moment of the afternoon for the Crimson, as its highest high led to a series of lows, culminating in Dartmouth’s 26-2 run minutes later.

Ken-swatta
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Opens Conference Play With 57-46 Victory Over Dartmouth

The Crimson (10-3, 1-0 Ivy) is one step closer to regaining its crown, as the team led from tip-off to final whistle on Saturday afternoon in a 57-46 victory over Dartmouth (6-7, 0-1) in Hanover, N.H.

SIYANI
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Ends 2014 on High Note

After back-to-back road losses, the Harvard men's basketball team rebounded in its final road game of 2014 with a win over Grand Canyon.

Corbin Miller
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Shooting Touch Fails Harvard in Blowout Loss

While the shots may not have fallen in Harvard Men's Basketball 76-27 drubbing at the hands of Virginia, one thing likely fell after the loss—the likelihood of the Ivy League getting two bids to the NCAA Tournament in March.

ALL IN
Men's Basketball

Looking for the Stories Beyond the Box Scores

Our time as Sports Chairs has been shaped entirely by the people around us whose stories we try to tell every day. It’s the injured but headstrong team captain, the bench player who sinks a gamewinner, the coach who’s been here since before either of us were born, the hardworking photographer, and the managing editor who puts up with our antics every day.

Best of Wes
Men's Basketball

Clutch Shooting Propels Men's Basketball in Double-Overtime Win over Vermont

After tying the game late in regulation and the first overtime, the Crimson pulled away in the second extra period.

Siyani
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Takes Down Northeastern, 60-46

With 7:44 to play and his team clinging to a nine-point lead, senior wing Wesley Saunders showed a bit of the reason why he came into Wednesday’s game seventh in the nation in scoring.

Wes Wing
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Saunders Spearheads Crimson Offense

On Tuesday night, senior wing Wesley Saunders once again shouldered the offensive burden for the Crimson.

Wes Wing
Men's Basketball

Saunders Nabs Spot on Wooden Preseason Top 50 List

The award, according to its website, “is the most prestigious individual honor in college basketball.”

Wes
Men's Basketball

Despite Saunders's Efforts, Men's Basketball Falls to Holy Cross, 58-57

With 10.9 seconds left in the game, the ball was right where coach Tommy Amaker wanted it. It was in senior wing Wesley Saunders’s hands, with Harvard down one to local foe Holy Cross.

Siyani Chambers
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Beats MIT, 73-52, in Opener

A late first half surge helped the Harvard men's basketball team cruise to a win in its season opener.

Corbin Miller
Men's Basketball

Corbin Miller: Ready To Fire

After spending the last two years on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sophomore Corbin Miller is back on the Crimson roster and ready to help his team by doing what he does best: shooting the ball from beyond the arc.

SI ME RUN
Men's Basketball

ESPN Ranks Chambers 34th Best Player in Nation

In its College Basketball Player Rankings, ESPN slotted Chambers as the 34th best collegiate hooper in the country.

TOM BOY
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Snags Final Spot in AP Top 25 Poll

The Harvard men’s basketball team has yet to play a single minute of regular season hoops this year, and yet the anticipation to see what the Crimson can do is as high as it has ever been.

Black Lives Matter Protester
Race

Demonstrators Continue 'Black Lives Matter' Campaign in Central Square March

Harvard Stadium
Allston

Boston Olympic Bid Names Harvard Venues as Hosts for 10 Events

Conflict at the Scene
Crime

Med School Professor Dies After Brigham Shooting

"Shut It Down"
College

The Top 10 Stories of 2014