Crimson staff writer

Juliet Spies-Gans

Latest Content

Wes Wing
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Saunders Spearheads Crimson Offense

On Tuesday night, senior wing Wesley Saunders once again shouldered the offensive burden for the Crimson.

Wes Wing
Men's Basketball

Saunders Nabs Spot on Wooden Preseason Top 50 List

The award, according to its website, “is the most prestigious individual honor in college basketball.”

Wes
Men's Basketball

Despite Saunders's Efforts, Men's Basketball Falls to Holy Cross, 58-57

With 10.9 seconds left in the game, the ball was right where coach Tommy Amaker wanted it. It was in senior wing Wesley Saunders’s hands, with Harvard down one to local foe Holy Cross.

Siyani Chambers
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Beats MIT, 73-52, in Opener

A late first half surge helped the Harvard men's basketball team cruise to a win in its season opener.

Corbin Miller
Men's Basketball

Corbin Miller: Ready To Fire

After spending the last two years on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sophomore Corbin Miller is back on the Crimson roster and ready to help his team by doing what he does best: shooting the ball from beyond the arc.

SI ME RUN
Men's Basketball

ESPN Ranks Chambers 34th Best Player in Nation

In its College Basketball Player Rankings, ESPN slotted Chambers as the 34th best collegiate hooper in the country.

TOM BOY
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Snags Final Spot in AP Top 25 Poll

The Harvard men’s basketball team has yet to play a single minute of regular season hoops this year, and yet the anticipation to see what the Crimson can do is as high as it has ever been.

Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Will Return to the Court with "Crimson Madness"

The last time the Harvard men’s basketball team took the floor, it was to play in the third round of March Madness. On Oct. 17, the “madness” will move to Lavietes Pavilion, as the squad begins the 2014-2015 season with its fourth-annual “Crimson Madness” festivities.

Men's Basketball

Casey Signs First Pro Contract With Slovenian Club

According to a press release issued Friday morning, Kyle Casey '13-14 will be taking his talents to central Slovenia.

Dutch Curry
Men's Basketball

Curry Signs with Dutch Team

Former Harvard men's basketball co-captain Brandyn Curry has signed with SPM Shoeters Den Bosch of the Dutch Basketball League.

Men's Basketball

Lin '10 Will Head West to Lakers

Jeremy Lin '10 was the central cog in a deal that also handed the Lakers a 2015 first-round draft pick. For its part, Los Angeles only gave up the rights to an overseas player alongside cash considerations.

CASE IN POINT
Men's Basketball

Kyle Casey '14 Sees NBA Summer League Minutes

Casey’s combined 28 minutes of playing time came after two straight games during which he did not leave the bench.

Kyle Casey
Men's Basketball

Casey To Play For Nets' Summer Squad

According to Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy, Kyle Casey ’14 will be joining the Brooklyn Nets’ summer team in the coming weeks, hoping to earn a more permanent spot on a professional roster.

Year in Sports - Game of the Year - Men's Basketball vs. Michigan State
Men's Basketball

'We Do Not Lose Like This'

What follows is an oral history of the Harvard-Michigan State third-round matchup. The Crimson, which was considered down and out before it even took the court, was playing on the biggest stage in program history. What ensued was 40 minutes of play that truly typified the madness characteristic of postseason collegiate basketball.

Eating Pressures
Front Feature

Disorderly Conduct

Pressure is nothing new for collegiate athletes. However, certain dietary demands inherent in sports exacerbate these pressures, leading to unhealthy eating practices that toe the line with medically diagnosible disordered eating.

STANTING TALL
Football

Harvard-Yale 2014

Playing with the Rules
Scrutiny

Playing With The Rules

Highlight

Title IX Complaints in Higher Education

Art Museum Feature
Visual Arts

Newly Opened, Art Museums Prepare To Engage Undergrads