Crimson staff writer

Juliet Spies-Gans

Latest Content

For Three
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Rides Second-Half Run to Win Over Penn

After the Quakers cut their deficit to six midway through the second half, the Crimson responded with a 12-0 run en route to its seventh consecutive conference victory.

Leave it to Steve
Men's Basketball

Second Half Surge Pushes Men's Basketball Past Cornell

After a lackluster first half in which both teams struggled from the floor, the Harvard’s men’s basketball team wasted no time after intermission, jumping out to a 22-2 run to begin the period en route to a 61-40 win.

The Floor General
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Men's Basketball Wins Fifth Straight Against Columbia

For about two years now, Harvard men’s basketball coach Tommy Amaker has called point guard Siyani Chambers “the most important player” on the Crimson roster—with 2.9 seconds left in Friday night’s game, the junior co-captain earned that moniker.

Wes
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Men's Basketball Surges Into Tie For First With Victory Over Yale

The momentum regained by Siyani Chambers’s three helped Harvard reclaim the top spot in the Ancient Eight standings, as the Crimson (15-5, 5-1) took down Yale, 52-50, Saturday night at John J. Lee Amphitheater.

Saunders Support
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Escapes With Overtime Win at Brown

Senior wing Wesley Saunders had a career high 33 points, including the game-tying bucket in the final second of regulation to force overtime.

Sears vs. Saunders
Previews

Men's Basketball Preview: Brown and Yale

Earmarked by Ivy hoops pundits months ago as Harvard’s most crucial road swing of the season, this weekend’s matchups will send the Crimson to Brown and Ancient Eight leader Yale.

Miller
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Miller, Saunders Lead Men's Basketball to Tight Win

After a first half that featured a bevy of jump shots from beyond the arc, it was the other kind of three-point play that made the difference down the stretch for the Harvard men’s basketball team en route to its 75-72 victory over Princeton on Friday evening at Jadwin Gymnasium.

Miller
Men's Basketball

NOTEBOOK: Second Half Woes Send Men's Basketball to Defeat

A trey ball from senior wing Wesley Saunders with 13 minutes remaining was the last highlight reel-type moment of the afternoon for the Crimson, as its highest high led to a series of lows, culminating in Dartmouth’s 26-2 run minutes later.

Ken-swatta
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Opens Conference Play With 57-46 Victory Over Dartmouth

The Crimson (10-3, 1-0 Ivy) is one step closer to regaining its crown, as the team led from tip-off to final whistle on Saturday afternoon in a 57-46 victory over Dartmouth (6-7, 0-1) in Hanover, N.H.

SIYANI
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Ends 2014 on High Note

After back-to-back road losses, the Harvard men's basketball team rebounded in its final road game of 2014 with a win over Grand Canyon.

Corbin Miller
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Shooting Touch Fails Harvard in Blowout Loss

While the shots may not have fallen in Harvard Men's Basketball 76-27 drubbing at the hands of Virginia, one thing likely fell after the loss—the likelihood of the Ivy League getting two bids to the NCAA Tournament in March.

ALL IN
Men's Basketball

Looking for the Stories Beyond the Box Scores

Our time as Sports Chairs has been shaped entirely by the people around us whose stories we try to tell every day. It’s the injured but headstrong team captain, the bench player who sinks a gamewinner, the coach who’s been here since before either of us were born, the hardworking photographer, and the managing editor who puts up with our antics every day.

Best of Wes
Men's Basketball

Clutch Shooting Propels Men's Basketball in Double-Overtime Win over Vermont

After tying the game late in regulation and the first overtime, the Crimson pulled away in the second extra period.

Siyani
Men's Basketball

Men's Basketball Takes Down Northeastern, 60-46

With 7:44 to play and his team clinging to a nine-point lead, senior wing Wesley Saunders showed a bit of the reason why he came into Wednesday’s game seventh in the nation in scoring.

Wes Wing
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Saunders Spearheads Crimson Offense

On Tuesday night, senior wing Wesley Saunders once again shouldered the offensive burden for the Crimson.

9/11 Memorial
College

Boots on the Ground: ROTC at Harvard

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall