We've published roundups on Jason Segel, John Legend, and Oprah Winfrey, and now there's Lady Gaga as well. Before the Mother Monster herself arrives in Cambridge this Wednesday to launch the "Born This Way Foundation" at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, here are some essential Lady Gaga facts every dedicated fan needs to know.
1. Born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, Lady Gaga's stage name comes from the Queen song "Radio Ga Ga." According to her former producer Rob Fusari, we have autocorrect to thank for Gaga's now famous moniker. "I typed 'Radio Ga Ga' in a text and it did an autocorrect so somehow 'Radio' got changed to 'Lady.' She texted me back, 'That's it.'"
2. She attended New York University's Tisch School of the Arts but dropped out at age 19. "I loved NYU, but I thought I could teach myself about art better than the school could," she said. (Click here for a performance Lady Gaga gave at the 2005 NYU Talent Show.)
3. She is naturally a brunette. After being mistaken for Amy Winehouse one too many times, however, Lady Gaga dyed her hair blonde. "I want to be known for my own look," she said.
4. In 2010, she became the first individual with a record 10 million Facebook fans. Today, her fans number more than 48 million, putting her ahead of other popular figures like Justin Bieber, Adele, and Barack Obama.
5. She is often seen carrying a purple teacup in public. "I used to have tea at home with my mother every day...She [her teacup] makes me feel at home," Gaga explained.
6. To date, she has been nominated for 15 Grammy awards and has won five of them.
7. She thinks pants are superfluous and was almost arrested in 2009 in Chicago for wearing hot pants in public. "It's not that I don't like pants," she said, "I just choose not to wear them some days."
8. She is currently dating "Vampire Diaries" actor Taylor Kinney.
9. It has been rumored that she will make a cameo in Will Smith's upcoming "Men in Black III".
10. She has cited Donatella Versace and Peggy Bundy as two of her fashion icons.