More Ellie Goulding Admissions Videos!

By Avni Nahar, Contributing Writer

If you haven’t seen the admissions office’s newest recruitment video, then you need to. Set to the ridiculously optimistic Ellie Goulding song "Anything Could Happen," the video will fill you with a rush of pride for fair Harvard, a rush that will last approximately until you remember the 300 pages of reading you have to get through by tomorrow. However, if you are an overenthusiastic high school student, the video is perfectly designed to spawn pangs of desire, crazed posts on College Confidential, and furious rewrites of that optional essay on the Common App supplement. Mission accomplished, I guess.

But "Anything Could Happen" could just be the start. Ellie Goulding has quite the repertoire of upbeat, sonically happy songs that could make even the dullest admissions information seem like the most exciting thing in the world. Here are Flyby’s ideas for what the admissions office should work on next.

"Starry Eyed"
This video would be centered on the glories of Annenberg. Students are most definitely starry eyed at their first view of the gothic wood paneling and stained glass—the word “Hogwarts” gets dropped at least 50 times a minute during Opening Days. And every minute after that.

"I Need Your Love"
Moving past the beauty of Annenberg, the next video in the series would be specifically directed at everyone’s favorite HUDS offerings: red-spiced chicken, honey butter, clam chowder, veritaffles, and Sunday Sundaes. When everything’s wrong, you make it right, HUDS.

"Lights"
The background music to a video about housing. Specifically about how your roommate keeps the lights on all night while you are trying to sleep. Could be extended to deal with walk-throughs, not de-bunking, and communal hall showers.

"Halcyon"
If you come to Harvard, you can learn what a halcyon is. Sponsored by the Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology.

"Your Biggest Mistake"
Canaday. Taking CS 50 graded. Concentrating in biomedical engineering. Touching John Harvard’s foot, ever. Thinking a 10 a.m. class “wasn’t that early”. Renting a microfridge from HSA. Hooking up with your blockmate. And ever thinking that Harvard needed an admissions video to get tens of thousands of kids to apply here.

MusicAdmissionsCultureFlyby CampusFlyby Culture