Woman Accosted at Harvard Housing Complex

By Brett J. Dowling, Crimson Staff Writer

An unidentified male chased a woman to her doorway at Holden Green, a Harvard-affiliated housing complex located about half a mile from Harvard Yard, early Friday morning, according to police.

While walking her dog near the complex, the victim saw an older model, dark-colored van pull in and “felt something wasn’t right,” Harvard University Police Department spokesperson Steven G. Catalano said in an advisory message reporting the incident.

The offender, described as a male in his early 20s with short light colored hair and a tall, muscular build, exited the van and attempted to approach the victim.

According to the advisory, the victim began running to her doorway, and although she was able to reach her residence and lock the door before the offender could enter, he proceeded to bang on her door before returning to the minivan. An unseen driver and the offender reportedly fled the scene.

As of Friday evening, no arrests had been made in relation to the case, and HUPD had assigned uniformed officers to patrol the Holden Green complex area, Catalano wrote.

CrimeHarvard in the CityHUPDHarvard SquareCambridgeMetro