E. B. Write

Postseason Restrictions Temper Fan Interest

October 10, 2012

The Harvard-Cornell football game on Saturday was telling.

The team looks as strong as it has been in about a decade, perhaps longer. The Crimson currently holds the longest win streak in all of Division-I football, a run that dates back to week two of last year. Harvard is ranked No. 21/22 in the FCS. And the team handled the Big Red, the only squad in the league that was expected to contend with Harvard for the Ancient Eight Title.

Read more

Men's Basketball Changes Dynamic on Campus

March 08, 2012

I have a confession to make.

In the final minutes of Tuesday night’s game between Penn and Princeton that sent Harvard to its first NCAA tournament since 1946, my gut betrayed what I knew was best for the Crimson.

Read more

Does a Curse Plague Harvard?

February 28, 2012

Before Saturday night, I tried not to think about it. But at this point, there’s no way around it.

Harvard basketball is cursed.

Read more

Encroachment on Day of Atonement

October 13, 2011

Part of the responsibility that comes with being a football beat writer is travelling to all of the team’s road games.

It’s a fun job, but you can end up in some interesting places. Travelling to New York isn’t so bad. Making the trip to Lafayette can be.

Read more

Harvard Athletics Boosts Fan Interest

September 16, 2011

Last Saturday, I watched the first night game in the history of Michigan Stadium, a matchup between the Wolverines and Notre Dame. Just about 115,000 fans showed up for the game, a record even for a school that hasn’t failed to draw a six-digit crowd since 1975.

Sometime in the second quarter, the broadcasters asked the trivia question of the night: “Which football stadium went the longest between its opening and its first night game.”

Read more

Eldo Kim
Crime

News Analysis: Could Eldo Kim Return to Harvard?

Protestors on Mass Ave
Race

Seen and Heard: Harvard's March Through Cambridge

OKWELOGU
Track and Cross Country

Decorated Thrower Looks To Continue Success

Protest
Columns

Reconstruction 3.0