Next On Deck

With Season Over, Men's Hockey Program Stands at a Crossroads

March 11, 2014

“Let’s play hockey.”

The chant rang out loud and clear on the Yale side of the Payne Whitney Gymnasium on Friday night in New Haven, Conn. as the Harvard men’s basketball team closed in on a third straight outright Ivy League Championship. A couple of blocks away at Ingalls Rink, however, the Bulldogs were in the process of thoroughly dismantling the Crimson, 4-0, in game one of the first round of the ECAC Men’s Hockey Tournament.

Read more

Harvard Hockey Missing Production from the Blue Line

January 23, 2014

“Welcome to DONATO!—the official trivia show of Harvard men’s hockey. Your first and only question is the following: Of the Crimson’s last 30 goals, how many were scored by underclassmen?”

A. 18

Read more

Men's Lacrosse Deserves Credit

May 01, 2013

The 2013 Harvard men’s lacrosse team seemed to finish right where it had started.

A year ago, the Crimson concluded its 2012 season just outside the Ivy League postseason picture with a 10-8 loss to Yale and a 6-8 overall, 2-4 in-conference record. This Saturday, the 2013 Crimson finished in similar fashion, losing to Yale, 11-10, to leave the field with an identical 6-8 overall, 2-4 in-conference record. The results suggest that the Crimson maintained the status quo this season after a disappointing 2012 campaign.

Read more

For Men's Hockey, Postseason Offers Shot at Redemption

February 20, 2013

I’ve never been to Ithaca. I hear it’s gorges.

But on Saturday night, I had to double-check my GPS when I walked into the middle of the third period of the Harvard-Cornell men's hockey game. I was greeted by a sea of Waldos. Big Red-and-white-striped fans must have occupied a solid three-fourths of the seats at the Bright Hockey Center.

Read more

Missing Key Players, Men's Hockey Struggles

January 30, 2013

High preseason expectations and abysmal recent performances have combined to create a perfect storm of disappointment for the Harvard men’s hockey team (5-13-1, 3-11 ECAC). The Crimson, which both major preseason polls picked to finish third in the ECAC, has lost six straight and 10 of its last 11.

This weekend, Harvard returned to the Bright Hockey Center after a difficult seven-game road stand only to fall to Clarkson, 5-1, and St. Lawrence, 4-3 (OT). Now that the last-place Crimson sits more than a game behind its closest ECAC rival, fans may be more than ready to play The Blame Game.

Read more

House Art Cover Wallpaper
Visual Arts

Art House

Youth Homelessness in the Square
Harvard Square

For Homeless Youth, Age Can Compound Challenges of Life on the Streets

On Year Later: Boston Marathon Bombings
Boston Marathon

VIDEO: Looking Back One Year Later, Harvard Affiliates Prepare to Return to Finish Line

Johnston Gate Arts Cover
Arts

Rebuilding the Past: Harvard's Beautification Renaissance