Smile or Grimace

By Riya Sood

Is a Consulting Job Ever Just a Job?

A shining bastion for Harvard students has been tarnished this past week.

One might think that I am referring to the graduate students being on strike. Or the fire that temporarily closed down Border Cafe. Or the separate fire that burned part of Emerson Hall. But no, I am referring to something near and dear to the hearts of many Harvard students — the revelation that the consulting firm McKinsey & Company advised Immigration and Customs Enforcement on how to best save money in its border detention facilities.

Read more »

Pete Buttigieg, Candidate for the (White) People

There is a man running for president who speaks seven languages, including Norwegian, Italian, and French. He was the valedictorian of his high school class before graduating from Harvard College magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a degree in History and Literature. He then won a Rhodes Scholarship and received first class honors in philosophy, politics, and economics at Oxford University. He was a McKinsey consultant for three years before transitioning to public service and politics.

Pete P.M. Buttigieg ’04 might be the most relatable candidate for president!

Read more »

To Meme or Not to Meme: Politician Edition

It seems as though we might have found the next man who would be perfect to lead the United States.

He’s a world leader who trips children during a game of soccer in order to get the ball — sounds like the tenacity and dedication we need in this country! The last time he cried was when his beloved bicycle, nicknamed Bikey, was stolen outside Parliament — sounds like the sensitivity we’ve been looking for to deal with tragic natural disasters or gun violence! And he is so impressive that he got trapped in a zip wire while holding two Union Jack flags — sounds like the patriotism we hold near and dear to our hearts in America!

Read more »

Monday, October 14, 2019: Colonist Day

In America the people who are deemed “other” are being controlled by the white men in power. Native Americans are fighting to keep their land out of the hands of those who are stealing it away for their own personal gain. The government has little sense of legitimate order to it.

Am I referring to America in 1492 or 2019? Honestly, it is hard for even me to say.

Read more »

Everytown for Gun Safety or Walmart?

Taylor Swift makes a single Instagram post about the importance of voting and 65,000 young people register to vote within the next 24 hours.

Chick-fil-A is transparently against BGLTQ rights and thousands across the country decide to boycott the establishment.

Read more »
1-5 of 6
Older ›
Oldest »