Bunnies (and House Videos) Don't Die. They Multiply.

•

And the Housing Day mania continues. The popular trend of producing videos aimed at hyper-anxious freshmen has spread from the Quad to Leverett House, which debuted its creation over the weekend.

The video, entitled "Multiply," does not feature a fictional backstory a la Pfoho or special effects like those of Currier. Rather, it resembles a typical music video. "I gotta testify, Leverett House gonna stay extra fly," the song goes. "We just don't die, we multiply."

In case there is any doubt about what "multiply" is referring to, a brief interlude interrupts the song. In a classroom, a teacher attempts to mathematically explain why rabbit overpopulation has occurred.

"Whoa, can you run that by me one more time? Totes don't get it," a "Mathur" resident says. Eventually the teacher is able to come down to the level of this ignoramus, saying: "Because bunnies like to have—" Sex? Babies? Sex for babies? The scene is cut off abruptly.

The Leverett residents in the video also demonstrate their superiority by dominating—and easily intimidating—residents of "Cabutt," "Adumbs," and "LOL Low Well" during IM basketball. Also interspersed throughout the video are a party in the House library, singing and dancing on the roof, and more basketball. In the final scene, residents party in the Junior Common Room while throwing around dollar bills.

So will Leverett's efforts pay off? Will the House of bunnies receive a high ranking in our Housing Market reviews? Keep watching FlyBy to find out.

Photo courtesy of LevSPN.

Correction: Mar. 10, 2010

An earlier version of this post stated incorrectly that the final scene of the video takes place in the Leverett Dining Hall. In fact, the final scene takes place in the Junior Common Room.

House LifeLeverett

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.